To Kill a Mockingbird Part 1 Quiz
Part 1 Short Answer (1 mk. each)
You do not have to use complete sentences.
- Who comes to visit from Meridian Miss. and becomes friends with Scout and Jem?
- What happens to Burris Ewell on the ftrst day of school?
- What does Jem leave behind the night he is scared away from the Radley house?
- Who does Scout invite to lunch on her first day of school?
- Why do the children stop receiving the gifts in the tree from Arthur Radley?
- What do Jem and Scout get for Christmas that Atticus disapproves of?
- Towards the end of Part 1, Jem gets into trouble with Mrs. Dubose.
- What did Jem do to get into trouble with her?
- What is his punishment?
- What does Atticus mean when he says she “died free”?
Part 2 True/False (1 mk. each)
- The name Haverford meant jackass in Maycomb.
- Caledonia is a servant in the Finch home.
- Charles Baker Harris is aka Judge Harris.
- Atticus said Mrs. Dubose was the “bravest lady who ever lived.” .
- Maudie Atkinson’s house was destroyed by the KKK
- Atticus volunteers to defend Tom Robinson.
- The children found a Civil War medal in the tree.
- Stephanie Crawford is a town gossip.
Part 3 Longer Answer (3 mks. each)
Answer in 3-5 sentences each.
- Why is it “a sin to kill a mockingbird?”
- Identify two people in the novel who are mockingbirds, and explain why.
- Why does Atticus disapprove of guns?